Overwhelm, it’s something that most of us feel all too often. The pressures of modern life coupled with worrying about everything you have to do can leave you feeling like a rabid lunatic running from task, to chore, to task over and over again as life flies by.
The good news is that you can break free from stress, anxiety and overwhelm 24/7. In seconds, this simple “I am” practice will enable you to create a moment of consciousness that’s not polluted by stressful thoughts. You’ll realize:
Beyond the laundry, bills, deadlines and obligation to make dinner and walk the dog: You are Spirit!
Here’s how to do it:
- Take a deep breath.
- Exhale slowly for 2-5 seconds.
- As you exhale give away all your thoughts. Simply let go of any idea that crosses your mind. Who you are, what you’re worthy of, what you should be doing, where you need to go…
- Just notice two things: You exist and you are aware of this moment already.
- Inhale and reassure yourself that “Everything is just fine.”
- Repeat the practice at least 12 times per day. That may sound like a lot, but it only takes about 2 minutes of your entire day. Once you get into the habit of doing it and notice how much better you feel, you’ll wish you’d started earlier.